- 2 medium eggs,beaten
- 20ml (4 teasp) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices multigrain wholemeal bread
- English or wholegrain mustard
- 90ml (6 tablesp) oil
- 15ml (1 tablesp) paprika pepper,optional
- 675g (11/2 lb) closed cup mushrooms,halve
Beat eggs and Worcestershire sauce together. Spread one side of each slice of bread with some mustard,and then dip into egg mixture to coat both sides.
Heat 30ml (2 tablesp) oil in a saucepan,add paprika and mushrooms,cover and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes,stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile,heat half the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook 2 slices of eggy bread on both sides until golden brown. Keep warm,and then repeat using remaining oil and bread.
Serve with the cooked mushrooms.